Company: Dynamic Methods
Type of Contract: Full Time
About the Company:
- Work on industry leading, innovative products.
- Work/life balance….yes really!
- Great team based culture.
- Adelaide CBD Office (close to Central Market).
Dynamic Methods is a South Australian software development company specialising in the Real Estate industry.
Their amazing software has made life so much easier for real estate agents across Australia. It’s saved them time and money – two precious things for busy professionals. Those who are using their technology are reaping the benefits – they’ve virtually chucked away their pens and paper and moved into the virtual world of screen, where everything is immediate, easily accessible and personalised.
As a small, energetic, team of 10, Dynamic Methods attract and employ innovative and creative people who are prepared to make significant individual contributions to their customer’s projects. They are responsive to changing customer requirements and industry directions which the team see as incredibly exciting.
Dynamic Methods push code every day; so they can release early and release often.
Diversity Commitment Statement:
Dynamic Methods recognises the critical importance of a diverse workforce in building technology that incorporates the experiences and points of view of diverse personalities, genders and cultures. Therefore, we strongly encourage women, gender-diverse and culturally-diverse persons to apply.
Dynamic Methods is committed to not only recruiting and hiring people that are a technical fit for the role, but also those that can assist in building and supporting the inclusive, dynamic and balanced workplace culture that we strive for. We recognize that non-technical skills are just as important as technical skills, and therefore these are at the forefront of our recruitment focus.
Dynamic Methods is a family-friendly workplace and supports reasonable flexibility where it supports and meets business needs.
About the Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-managing Software Developer to join our skilled team of specialists as they develop, enhance and work towards the delivery of ongoing support as well as the next generation of our suite of products.
We actively encourage creativity, innovation and dynamism – all voices are listened to.
The types of things you might be working on:
You'll be working on Australia's leading Real Estate form management platform, which is used by 36000 agents and managers across Australia. Your work will include New and existing web apps and New and existing native mobile apps.
- To design, develop, and test features or entire applications built for our customers.
- Participate in all areas of the software development lifecycle including: Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Quality Assurance and Deployment.
- Interact with clients to clarify business requirements for enhancements and new projects.
- Problem-solving and responding to product questions/issues, and react as necessary.
- Designing the relationships and objects of a full desktop or web-based application and programming such a system.
- Assisting in documenting and managing product requirements
Who you are and how you can contribute to our team?
21st Century Skills:
- Excellent communication skills – listening as well as speaking.
- Respectful of the workplace, team and client base.
- Collaborative - not fearful of asking a question or clarifying a task.
- Creative – ability to ‘think outside the box’.
- Agility – ability to think on your feet and move quickly between tasks.
- Calm under pressure.
- Empathetic – the ability to ‘put yourself in someone else’s shoes’.
- 2 years of experience in web app or mobile app development with a prior background of NodeJS.
- Experience developing web-based applications.
- Knows why distributed version control matters and ideally already uses Git.
- Passion for RESTful APIs.
- Passion for writing clean, extensible code.
- Knowledge of AWS services (EC2, S3, CloudFront and RDS etc).
- Building large single page applications (SPA).
Why this Company?
- 9 to 5 are the core hours – Monday to Friday – evening and weekends are yours!
- No PM bureaucracy, no exec approval hurdles, no insanely complex and interdependent infrastructure.
- Turn your ideas into releases as fast as you can build it.
- Join a passionate team who enjoy trying new tech and using new tools and skills to make the backend as beautiful as the front end.
- Interesting and diverse projects where the team really care about what they are creating.
- Gain extensive software development experience across a wide range of platforms.
- Close contact and direct access to all highly skilled team members including David Howell (the owner).
- No politics, bureaucracy or red tape – so you can move ideas quickly into reality.
- An ideas based, innovative, interacting environment where all voices are heard.
- High quality equipment.
- Latest development tools.
- Skills development and training opportunities.
- Assistance in gaining certifications.
Sound like you?
If you answered yes, submit your application by providing a cover letter which highlights your experience relevant to the areas covered under ‘Who you are and how you can contribute to our team' along with your resume and send it here.